Subject: Bkg anti-aliasing
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: 26 Aug 94 09:10:36 EDT

AH,

>...a pixel that is pure BG image in the first pass but which is next to the
>edge of an object might contain part of that object in a subsequent pass and
>thus need to be multi-sampled.  And then there is the really tricky case
>where a lens flare overlays a BG image with lots of thin streaks that need to
>be anti- aliased. And of course the gradient backdrop's horizon line is
>another case where pixels that aren't near objects still need to be
>multi-sampled.

I see what you mean.  I didn't think the BG image changed, I was wondering if
there was a way to save the time.  But I see it's tricky do decide what to AA
and what not to.  Better to lean on the side of a high quality image.  Thanks,

All,

Since LW is being ported to the PC (due date?), is there any advantage to me
trying to upgrade my Amiga hardware?  Seems to me I should just get a fast 486
or Pentium and LW/PC.

Also, (off topic alert) is the Amiga PAR the same hardware card as the PC
PAR? (There is a PC version, isn't there?)  Can I just swap the card and get
new software?

Thanks,

-P
===========================================================================
Paul Godley                       Voice: (919)733-7051   Fax: (919)733-0680
NC Dept of Community Colleges     Email: [email-masked]
Raleigh, NC
===========================================================================